Yeni Şafak English

Haftar forces kill child in Libya: UN-recognized gov’t

News Service
06:245/11/2019, Tuesday
U: 5/11/2019, Tuesday
AA
File photo
File photo

Adult also wounded in rocket attack in Salahaddin region, south of capital Tripoli, says Government of National Accord

The UN-recognized government in Libya on Monday accused forces loyal to east Libyan strongman Khalifa Haftar of killing a child and injuring an adult in a rocket attack.

Mohammed Nakasa was killed and a person was injured as a result of the rocket strike in Salahaddin region, south of the capital Tripoli, by the forces affiliated with Haftar, said a statement by the Government of National Accord (GNA).

Libya has remained beset by turmoil since long-serving leader Muammar Gaddafi was ousted and killed in a bloody NATO-backed uprising in 2011.

Since then, the country has seen the emergence of two rival seats of power: one in eastern Libya, to which Haftar is affiliated, and another in Tripoli, which enjoys UN recognition.


#GNA
#Haftar
#Libya
#Mohammed Nakasa
Comments

Hello, the comments you share on our site are a valuable resource for other users. Please respect other users and different opinions. Do not use rude, offensive, derogatory, or discriminatory language.

No comments yet

The floor is all yours.

Click here to receive the most important news of the day by email. Subscribe here.

By subscribing, you agree to receive electronic communications from Albayrak Media Group websites and accept the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.